[vc_row 0=””][vc_column][vc_column_text 0=””]
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 EXCHANGE PROGRAMME ARE NOW CLOSED
Women’s Advisory Network (WAN) Exchange Programme
Exchange and development opportunities are for a period of 2 – 3 weeks unaccompanied (ie. no family members) and will take place between April – September 2017.
The objectives of the PICP WAN Exchange programme are to:
- Enhance the career of women in Pacific Police Services by providing an opportunity to work alongside police officers in another Pacific country;
- Research initiatives adopted by Pacific Police Services, and report to the PICP, to advise on issues affecting women in Pacific Policing and to promote good practice; and
- Share knowledge and network with fellow PICP WAN members to strengthen the bond of support for women in policing.
Successful applicants will continue to be paid a normal salary by their Police Service.
Most costs associated with the exchange will be met by PICP WAN funding including:
- Weekly living allowance
- Incidentals allowance
- Airfares including any transit accommodation
The successful applicant will come under the administrative control of the host jurisdiction while on exchange.
Interested applicants are required to submit:
- 2017 PICP WAN Exchange Application Form;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of no more than 2 pages (see our Forms page for a CV writing guide); and
- Copy of your passport bio/photo page (passport must be valid until 2018 or later).
Applications must be endorsed by your Supervisor, your WAN committee and approved by your Commissioner/Chief prior to being forwarded to the PICP Secretariat.
Applications will be considered by the PICP Secretariat in consultation with PICP WAN Executive Team and relevant Police Chiefs (see our Forms page for an information sheet on the appointment process including responsibilities and expectations).[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]