- that you can browse our website content without providing personal information
- what personal information we collect, use and disclose in accordance with the Privacy Act
We automatically record some non-personal information
PICP use the Google Analytics tool to collect and view non-personal visitor statistics so we can discover what information is most and least used, to determine technical design specifications, and help make our site more useful to visitors. If you visit our website to read or download content, we automatically record some non-personal statistical information, including:
- the type of browser you use
- the type of operating system you use
- the screen resolution of your PC
- the date and time you access our site the pages you have accessed,
- the links clicked on, and
- the documents downloaded the internet address from which you accessed our site (i.e. IP address)
- the search terms you used to find content on our website, and
- the last site you visited from which you accessed any PICP website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. You Tube videos.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you correspond with us.
We will not give your personal information to other Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- it is otherwise required or authorised by the Privacy Act or any other law
- it will be used in a way that will not identify you (for example, statistical or research purposes).
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Pacific Islands Chiefs of Police
Police National Headquarters
PO Box 3017
Wellington New Zealand
Phone:+64 (0) 4 470 7346