The PICP Secretariat is hosted by New Zealand Police at Police National Headquarters in Wellington, New Zealand. It operates on behalf of all 21 members of the PICP by:
- Representing and promoting the PICP’s interests at regional and international forums;
- Delivering the annual PICP conference where members discuss regional policing challenges and collectively make decisions in relation to the strategic direction of the PICP;
- Supporting capacity development activities for future leaders of Pacific police services through the delivery of secondment and exchange programmes;
- Supporting the Executive Leadership Team and other Chiefs to deliver on a PICP vision of strong and courageous leadership; and
- Supporting the delivery of PICP-mandated programmes.